Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Intimacy = Miracles

Bill Johnson asked a really good question in his devotional book "When Heaven Invades Earth".  He asked, "What do you think helps create an opportunity for a miracle?"  I've heard answers like, faith, disaster, obedience, etc.  Not that any of these are wrong, but my wife had an answer that really made me raise a brow.  Intimacy with God.  Intimacy.  The more I Thought about it, the more it made sense.  Think of an intimate relationship you may have,  I'm not just speaking sexual.  I'm talking about someone you know inside and out.  Maybe it's your husband or your wife, your BFF, a brother or sister... whoever!  I'll use my wife for example.  I know everything about her, because I'm intimate with her.  I can pick her voice out in a crowd of people. I can read her body language. I can look into her eyes and read what she's saying (usually when I'm in for it). I can feel her "vibrations" if you will.  I know the desires of her heart.  How?  Because our relationship goes deep.  She tells me the desires of her heart!  Now think of someone you know, but not that well.  Can you pick their voice out in a crowd? Can you read their body language?  Probably not, because you don't know much about that person.  Our relationship with God is no different.  The deeper we go with him, the more he reveals Himself to us.  Having an intimate relationship with God means we can hear his voice in the crowd,  we can read his vibrations, and know the desires of his heart!  Sweet!
     Now back to the question.  What do you think helps create an opportunity for a miracle?  If I'm walking down the street and I hear the voice of God telling me to pray for the homeless guy on the corner, it's intimacy that allows me to hear His voice.  He then tells me to lay hands on the homeless man so he can be healed. Now I'm hearing the desires of His heart.  Then comes obedience to do what He's asked me,  and then faith that His will be done through me.  Both coming from being intimate with the "Lover of My Soul".  Things like this should happen daily for Christians.  We need to go deeper with God, so that just like your earthly intimate relationships, we can always be aware of His voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment