Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Significant Poop

I feel as though my brain is moving at 1000 miles per hour.  I have so much on my mind that it's actually hard for me to focus long enough to write something down.  Maybe I have H.S.A.D.D  (Holy Spirit Attention Deficit Disorder).  The Holy Spirit has been doing so much in my life right now, that I'm having a hard time focusing on anything else!  One thing I want to tell you about is, how I look at myself now.  I don't believe I am the only christian who looked at themselves as a useless sinner saved by grace. A tiny little insignificant poop in the middle of Gods ginormous universe.  Yes at one point in our lives we were useless sinners, but that all stopped when we were saved by His grace.  Once saved,  we then became saints, little lights on the hill, temples in which the Holy Spirit can dwell!  How can I label myself a useless sinner, when the old me is gone! DEAD!  This is good news.  And we are not insignificant either!  Matthew 5:13 & 14 tells us "We are the salt of the earth, and the light of the world".  Nice! And if we believe we are so insignificant then why would the creator of EVERYTHING send his one and only son Jesus to DIE FOR US?  John 3:16 Classic! 
    I believe far to many Christians feel this way about themselves, and this feeling is not biblical. There is nothing in the scriptures to back our feelings of insignificance.  To say to God "Why me?  I'm useless and insignificant!"  Discredits and dishonors everything! God sending his son, the teachings and miracles of Jesus, His death and resurrection... everything!  Why would Jesus set an example for us to live by, if it were a life we couldn't achieve?  He exampled it, because we can live like him!  When he came into our lives, we kissed poor little insignificant, useless poopy face, sinner person goodbye, and said hello to a new life in Christ. We are little, but we're not insignificant or useless. Not anymore!

2 timothy 1:8-10:
"So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel."



No comments:

Post a Comment