Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Way Of The Warrior

I've shared before in one of my past blogs, that Christians need to start seeing themselves as God sees them. As much as this is true, there is another side to this I've noticed in my own walk.  Putting this into words may be hard for me to do, so please hang in there with me.  Often times we think that in order for us to live up to God's standards, we have to fix things in our life before we can do it.  We have to become better or develop a righteous Godly character to be who he wants us to be.  In other words "We need to be more religious".  I was reading about Gideon for the men's breakfast at my church and was encouraged at what I read.  An angel of the the Lord came to visit him, saying " God is with you, mighty warrior."  Gideon's response was,  "My clan is the weakest, and I am the least in my family."  He wasn't finished there either.  He did the whole "do something God, so I know it's really you talking" thing we've all done a million times!  After Gideon finally got the proof he needed, God began to use him.  This is where I want us to catch this.  God used Gideon to do His work! There was no training or character development courses, no leadership seminars or team building classes!  God used Gideon, as he was, where he was, to do his work.

God turned a pansy into a powerhouse! A weakling into a war hero!  Character, Righteousness and Power come from obedience.  The Church needs to can the religious mumbo jumbo and realize that God can use us where we are, as we are!  And in the process of being used by God, comes the revelation and transformation of becoming who He sees us as! Mighty warriors!  On the flip side, We shouldn't be walking around with our chests puffed out either. We need to remain humble before the Lord, like Jesus.  Matthew 23:11-12 says "The greatest among you will be your servant.  For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." This is good stuff isn't it!?!?


God is moving powerfully in His Church, to counter-act the enemies advances in the world.  We can't afford to not be humble.  Trying to fix our issues and develop character before God uses us is only making us more religious!  Becoming that mighty warrior that God sees starts now!  Accomplishing the mission at hand prepares you and strengthens you for the next mission!  And the next after that! Eventually becoming that spiritual powerhouse for the Kingdom that He sees in you!

1 comment:

  1. Man, as always you inspire me. I feel as though, and I don't want to come of as crazy, that the lord has not only paired me with a couple guys in our church, but really that the lord has paired me with you, for whenever you have a thought, it seems to be the one that I am having trouble with.

    I love that promise, if we lead the people to his love, he will do the rest. But I think sometimes, we forget that in ourselves.

    ReplyDelete