Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Still Water Illusion

Being in a place with calm waters, makes me wonder if I'm in the right place.  I'm in that place now where the waters seem to have calm and the wind has almost stopped blowing. Or so it seems!  I can't say I feel I'm in the wrong place, because God brought me here.  So clearly I'm where I'm supposed to be.  It's just that things seem to be "uneventful".  The key word here is "seem".  This is where a renewed mind is needed, the eyes and ears of he Kingdom are needed.  One thing I've learned is to not underestimate the works of His Kingdom.  You see, even though with my own eyes the kingdom may appear to be still, it doesn't mean it is.  Maybe God is giving me an opportunity to prepare myself for another storm (like fasting and praying, or reading more).  Or maybe He's stilled the waters so I can simply rest (like just spending some time with my wife and kids).  For all I know, I could still be in the midst of a huge storm, and I'm just at peace with it, because I know God is always in control.  Whatever the case may be, I need stay focused on my faith, because the Kingdom is always active.  This means that I, too, should be active.  The Kingdom is heavy at work, and if I'm not living by my faith, then I will miss out on what God is doing.
    
Have you ever found yourself in this place?  The Lull. The place in your journey where it just seems to be uneventful!   If we're not moving with the advancement of the Kingdom, we can find ourselves floating with no bearing.  When the wind isn't blowing, man the oars and start rowing!  Don't just wait for the wind, MOVE!  Look at Paul in the book of Acts.  In chapter 16 It's quite obvious he's not just standing around waiting for the wind to blow. He's moving.  And when he started to go somewhere he shouldn't have,  God didn't allow it.  God guided him, you see!  He was just moving, rowing that boat if you will, knowing that God would guide him along the way.  I think God stills the waters and the wind to see if we're either gonna sit there and wait for the wind to blow, or to see if we grab the oars and start rowing until we find wind again.  Am I making sense?  What I'm saying is that we can sit around and wait for God encounters to keep our faith moving.  Or we can get off our lazy bums and start living in our faith.  Read ( God help with me this one! ).  Find time to fast and pray.  Get alone with God and just worship him!  And always bring the Kingdom with you wherever you go.  Be Spirit filled!  And in God's timing, you will find your bearing and the winds will fill your sails and move you forward once more.

P.S. The better you get at sailing this ship the less frequently you'll hit dead waters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment